Linda Pelletier fainted in the corridor outside the Boston Juvenile Court and was taken away on a stretcher to a local hospital. Her husband, Lou Pelletier, occasionally erupted into angry shouts. Reporters were restricted from the fourth floor of the Brooke Courthouse, where a hearing on Justina’s case was held, but could see the Pelletiers from a fifth-floor balcony across the courthouse atrium. Department of Children and Families wants to place their teenage daughter in foster care on Boston’s North Shore, according to a minister who represents the family.
According to a report issued by the US Department of Health & Human Services, Children’s Bureau, THEIR OWN STATISTICS show that although the rate is decreasing, ‘…In 2011 there were approximately 742,000 instances of confirmed child maltreatment‘, while in foster care.
One issue before the judge in today’s hearing was whether Lou Pelletier should be held in contempt of court for violating a gag order. The teen’s father has recently given media interviews in which he expressed frustration with the quality of care his daughter is getting while in DCF custody, care that he has asserted has been nearly fatal for her.
The Pelletiers’ primary attorney declined comment, citing the gag order. Mathew Staver, founder of Liberty Counsel, a conservative nonprofit legal group, said he now represents the Pelletiers in their effort to end the gag order imposed by the judge. He said the DCF was given two days to tell the judge whether they oppose allowing Staver to enter the case. ….story posted @ boston.com
other stories across the nation regarding Justina:
- Liberty Counsel Fights for Pelletier Family – Teen Daughter Being Held by State
Feb 24, 2014
Today Matt Staver, Founder and Chairman of Liberty Counsel, is appearing before the Suffolk County Juvenile Court to defend a family against abuse by the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families…The Kelly File tonight to watch Liberty Counsel’s Founder and Chairman, Mathew Staver. He is the scheduled guest of Megyn Kelly on the Fox News Channel and will discuss the heart-wrenching story of Justina Pelletier, who was taken from her parents and is currently being denied medical treatment.
- a picture of Linda being attended to by paramedics. Brewer also tweeted a picture of her being taken away in an ambulance: Linda Pelletier, the mother of Justine, passed out in court after they Ordered her to a nonmedical facility. pic.twitter.com/cZawNLn10C
- We won’t give up on Justina and her family. But this has to stop and cannot happen to some other family in the future. Enough is enough. –Huffington Post
- “We never got anything in writing,” said Lou Pelletier, a financial planner and father of four girls. “While all the security guards were showing up, we actually called 911 and said our daughter had been kidnapped by Boston Children’s Hospital.” –ABC News
- The father of 15-year-old Justina Pelletier faces court on Monday, after the Massachusetts Department of Children and Family filed a contempt of court complaint against him for violating a gag order. –NewsMax.com
- “My understanding is that Justina is being moved to foster care and they are outraged by that,” he said. “There is no medical care there.” Great video coverage out of Hartford Courant Tribune Newspaper website, Hartford, CT.
- PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT JUSTINA. This could happen to ANY child in America. FreeJustina.com